Monday, July 16, 2012

Pregnancy thus far...

I should be thankful that my biggest problem has been getting enough to eat. My whole first trimester I had morning sickness (Poorly named BTW), which caused me to lose about 3lb and miss a lot of church. The nurse was not happy with me when I went in for my check up so I was thankful that this last check up showed that I gained 2lb.
I'll be getting my 20 week ultrasound next week so I'll know if we're having a boy or a girl. People keep asking me if I know what the baby will be because there seems to be a lot of expecting mothers/fathers who express that they/their wives have the gift of baby telepathy, hence, they know what gender their baby is before they go in for their 20 week ultrasound.

I don't think I have that.

I've had dreams that it is a girl, though in one of the dreams she had a freakish nose for a baby and I was devastated, but I've been referring to the baby as a boy. So either way I can't be wrong! I think I've found the secret to this baby telepathy trick...
Either way most of our baby stuff that we have is pink and flowery so this little boy will have to be very comfortable in his gender despite stereotypical color preference.

The naming process is still... in process.
Boy names so far; Johnathan.
Thats it. No middle name, no other names, nothing else comes to mind when I think of boy names. But if I were having triplets I, half jokingly, told Jeff that we would have to name them Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego. Those are probably the worst biblical names that one could pick out for a child so I suppose if I go that route I should stick with Matthew, Mark, and Luke.

Girl names; Nixie Ann.
No other girl names either. Which could be a bad thing because while I love the name "Nixie" (It's just so dang cute) I am weary of whole "Give your child a crazy/unique name" trend that this seems to fall under. Oh well, I'll just have to let her know when she is old enough that she really doesn't have hipster parents, we're super uncool and embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment